Saturday, January 21, 2012

In My Mailbox (#1)

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren. :)

So.. First book haul/in my mailbox ever. Enticing, yeah? :D


1. If I Stay - Gayle Forman


Genre: YA Fiction
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Series: If I Stay (Book #1)

The incomplete first page made me pick this book up. The synopsis did not really give out any interesting aspects of the book, but the comments printed on the book bought me. As I watch Book Hauls on Youtube and searched this book up on Goodreads, I found out that this was actually an amazing book and that there is (or will be) a second book to this series. Definitely going to be reading this soon and having a review up for this!





2. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight


Genre: YA Romance/Contemporary
Publisher: Poppy
Series: -

I picked this up because I saw people raving about it on Youtube. Plus, I love me a little romantic, light story consisting of.. anything British. ;) Basically it is about a girl who is flying to London for her Dad's wedding. On her flight, she sits a seat from a hot British guy and that was where it all began. My TBR pile is getting really tall.






3. The Maze Runner - James Dashner


Genre: YA SciFi/Dystopia
Publisher: Chicken House
Series: Maze Runner (Book #1)

Again, picked this up due to the countless applaud from Booktubers and BookBloggers. In case you've missed the hype, the book is about a boy who gets sent into the middle of a frantic and terrible maze. He meets other boys there as well, so he's not alone. All of the boys have no idea why they are there, and they search for answers every morning - even if it means risking half-machine, half-animal monsters. Probably going to start reading this book after I finish the Hunger Games trilogy.



4. The Postcard Killers - James Patterson 


Genre: Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Series: -

Truthfully, the cover was mainly why I decided to get this book. The texture of the cover is so.. suave and the print on it is just gorgeous. You can never go wrong with the Eiffel Tower. This book is about a detective who goes to Europe for leisure. Until deaths start tallying up and their connection is a postcard to the local newspaper preceding each new victim. This detective teams up with another detective - who had just received a postcard in Stockholm - and they think they know where the next victims will be.






5. THE FAULT IN OUR STARS - JOHN GREEN



Genre: YA Romance/Contemporary/AWESOMENESS.
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Series: -

I don't think anything needs to be said here. It arrived on Thursday. I squealed terribly. This will be the next book I read. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE A COPY OF THE FIRST BATCH OF TFIOS. AH. I have not read any of John's books yet, but EVERYONE's excitement got to me. Hence, the grin on my face as I type this.

And look!


A purple J scribble :D

That is all for my book haul. I hope you enjoyed it!


19 comments:

  1. Great books! I'm going to have to get a copy of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - everyone says great things about it. Maybe I can get my bf to read the boy parts to me in his English accent ;)

    Happy reading!

    My IMM @ The Aussie Zombie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading "The Maze Runner." It definitely stands out when it comes to YA fiction, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is amazing. Hope you enjoy all of your books. :)

    Here is my IMM: IMM (11)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing the Fault In Our Stars and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight everywhere - I really need to give these two a try. Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some awesome books there for your first IMM!! Enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, yay for your first IMM! And a very good one at that (:

    I heard a lot of awesome things about If I Stay. Hope you enjoy it!

    Celine ~ My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sounds of The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight. It's an interesting idea for a story.

    I'm a new follower!

    You can see my IMM here: The Book Bundle

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love TFIOS. It was amazing! Hope you enjoy it!
    Happy Reading!
    New Follower!
    Em
    My IMM post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for book nr.1. If I stay was amazing, I loved it!
    new follower!
    Lisa O.
    Here's my IMM @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved If I Stay and I have been dying to read The Fault in Our Stars!! I haven't read any of his novels either, but everyone says his books are a must read!

    Enjoy :). New follower, too! Welcome to the blogosphere :P.

    Meghan at Books and a Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set! I can't wait to read Statistical Prob. I really want the John Green book.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read The Statistical Probability; it looks like such a cute book! I also thought If I Stay was a pretty good book. :) Happy reading!

    BTW, I'm a new follower. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. *hugs* nice to see your first IMM:D If I stay was really emotional, I didn't WEEP per se but I did tear up. I'm jealous because I want to read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight SO bad, I hope you enjoy:D and oh wow, purple! I should have gotten the Fault in our Stars with a purple signature (no last name initial?!) Happy reading♥

    My IMM ((:
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OooOooh I LOOVED Statistical Probability! Wonderful haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I Stay is amazing - but make sure that you have a box of kleenex near by when reading!

    Amazing books this week. Enjoy them all and happy reading!

    http://theladycriticslibrary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really need to read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, it sounds so good!New follower :)

    Beverley
    a-reading-daydreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Link your blogs down below so I can check them out :)
Cheers!